Dyce Genesis

Welcome to Dyce Genesis! Please register yourself in this forums! Do not use your Runescape password!

Have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dyce Genesis

Welcome to Dyce Genesis! Please register yourself in this forums! Do not use your Runescape password!

Have a nice day!

Dyce Genesis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
F2P: W1 GE Entrance! Join our IRC to start dicing! Daily 10M Dp! Monthly Rare Giveaway going on!
Congratulations to Saadi for been our new Technical Adminstrator! He is our newest Staff of Dyce Genesis! Congratulations to Griffinsclaw! He's been promoted to a Sergeant from Corporal for hardwork! Grats! Stajo is our newest Smiley rank! He can take up to 2.5m bet [5m pot]!

+7
X3S
r4nn13ll3
Genesis
Rusty
6SA
Jackdekilla
Saif
11 posters

The best Red Portal Luring Guide

Saif
    Saif

The best Red Portal Luring Guide Headof10

Dice Credits : 179

The best Red Portal Luring Guide Empty The best Red Portal Luring Guide

Post by Saif 23rd January 2012, 11:52 am

The BEST Clan Wars Red Portal Luring Guide!

This lure is a very EASY and EFFICIENT way of making GP, and does NOT require you to be good at talking. I HAVE SEEN this lure on some sites ont he web, but very RARELY. In fact 98% of the people in clan wars DO NOT know of this - even the veterans.

Whats in it?

• What you need
    • How to do it
    • What you can expect from the Lure
    • What kind of people you can lure
    • 800+ Words

ANCIENT SAIF's LURING GUIDE

So what is it?
    This lure is the ‘Dye Lure’.

For this lure, you will need MEMBERS, as it doesn’t work in F2P unless you’re luring level 3’s . It’s located in Clan Wars, RED PORTAL (The dangerous one), where you will do it.
    This lure generally works for most veteran users, because they don’t have to go in the PvP zone, they just need to follow you in the Safe zone!

What do I need?

- Mage gear of any sort which has a good mage bonus if you’re using Freezing Spells.
    - Range/Melee Gear to finish them off if you have bad Mage or if the Victim uses Protection Prayers (Mage block).
    - Bolas if you don’t have freezing spells.
    - Range/Mage/Strength/Attack Potions
    - Games neckless for the victim if he/she is not in Clan Wars zone already.
    - Membership.
    *I would recommend 70+ Range if you’re ranging, 80+ Attack/Strength/Prayers if you’re melee-ing/94+ Mage if you’re basing your kill using Magic Only using Ice Barrage.

*These are because you want to finish off your victim quickly. If they are low level/low level defence, these recommendations really don’t apply.

I would have a picture here, but It says i need 7 days registration Sad

So how is it done?
    Well, in this lure, you really don’t need talking at all. All you gotta say is something along these lines to the victim, “Hey can you come in Red Portal for a minute? I need you to help me lure this kid, you just stay in Safe Zone.”, or “Theres a party hat fight in red.”

Brief of how to do the Lure

What you will do is, when they are IN red portal SAFE ZONE. Tell them to follow you. Take them 3-10 steps east or west, then use the Dye’s together, and as soon as you click on both of the dyes, click your cursor somewhere in the PvP zone (When the character is showing the dye’s being mixed together). Make sure you have Ice Barrage, or any other freezing spell READY (Use Auto attack), (Bolas works good too), and use it on them as soon as you see them glitch run into PvP zone. If its done quick enough, they will get frozen and you can kill them for their loot. You must make sure you have proper mage gear when you’re using magic spells, as you DO NOT want to splash the victim. Get a friend of yours to practise this on.

Detailed method:
    1) Gear up. Get gear which you feel comfortable with killing/freezing.
    2) Find your victim. It makes your life easier if you practise with noobs first, but this lure doesn’t really need that. Find someone who has more than one valuable item. Such as Santa and Claws (Santa claus get it? Smile irrelevant). This is because the person may use +1 prayer to keep the most valuable item. Try and get someone who you know that doesn’t have food, or someone with low defence. If course if you’re a higher levelled player, you can target harders victims. Try and go to the White portal (Non-dangerous) and find them there. There are a lot of noobs with bandos, claws, ags, santas etc. When talking them into it, don’t make it look obvious that you’re trying to lure them of some sort.
    3) Once you have your victim, get them to just ‘click follow’ on you IN SAFE ZONE in the Red Portal (you lose items here).
    4) THEY NEED TO BE FOLLOWING YOU HERE. This is the bit which is more important. Make sure you have your freezing technique ready. You want to click on the 2 different dyes together which will trigger your character to do an animation. As soon as this happens, you want to click somewhere in the PvP zone of the area and freeze them as soon as you see the victim glitch run into the dangerous zone. Then you can just kill them however you wish. IF they start to eat, run out because they could easily anti lure you.
    5) As soon as you kill and loot, go to safe zone and log out to a different world.

What if I’m not good at talking?

You don’t need to be good at talking, just get them to follow you in red portal SAFE zone.

How much can this lure make?
    Well this can easily lure claws. Once you get the practise like any other lure, you will get more. This lure is just a lot easier to do.

I would not mind a feedback if this worked for you Smile

EDIT: There has been changes to this guide.

- If dyes are patched you can use Veng + Bolas
    - There are a lot of variations to this.
    - The 'Evil Laugh' emote works, though it costs 1,000 loyalty points.

ToS:

• I am not held Resposible if this lure is already out there and known.
    • I am not responsible if this lure is patched.
    Jackdekilla
    Jackdekilla
    Corporal Host

Corporal Host

Dice Credits : 164

The best Red Portal Luring Guide Empty Re: The best Red Portal Luring Guide

Post by Jackdekilla 23rd January 2012, 3:54 pm

I would have to say that this is one of the most detailed and best guides I have seen on these forums, really well done Very Happy.
    I was wondering if you could do this with me and show me. If you could lure somebody while i watch?
    6SA
    6SA
    Private Host
    Private Host

Dice Credits : 4

Post by 6SA 23rd January 2012, 9:34 pm

This is a VERY intense lure, lols :DD
    I almost got lurred by this today, but i dont really care about red phats lols :DD

Great work making this man!
    Saif
    Saif

Post by Saif 24th January 2012, 2:48 am

Jackdekilla wrote:I would have to say that this is one of the most detailed and best guides I have seen on these forums, really well done Very Happy.
    I was wondering if you could do this with me and show me. If you could lure somebody while i watch?
    Thanks Smile Sure I can show you Smile
    Rusty
    Rusty

Dice Credits : 5

Post by Rusty 21st February 2012, 12:31 pm

I really like this lure method, does it still work?
    Genesis
    Genesis

Dice Credits : 1105

Post by Genesis 21st February 2012, 12:36 pm

Rusty wrote:I really like this lure method, does it still work?

I believe they have fixed the dye method.

I do think that the vengeance animation still works, Needa confirm with AncientSaif though. He lurred Bandos set and d claws totalling 50m just recently.
    Jackdekilla
    Jackdekilla
    Corporal Host

Corporal Host

Dice Credits : 164

Post by Jackdekilla 21st February 2012, 1:18 pm

So it can still be done BA?
    r4nn13ll3

Dice Credits : 6

Post by r4nn13ll3 21st February 2012, 4:45 pm

apparantly there is a white portal glitch, its where you take people to the white portal and when you kill them they loose their stuff.. im trying to find out this glitch and if it still works.
    X3S
    X3S
    Sergeant Host

Sergeant Host

Dice Credits : 178

Post by X3S 21st February 2012, 6:04 pm

This looks fun. We should all go out as a clan and try it on each other with small risks one time. we will all soon be rich! XD
    kandeeh
    kandeeh
    BANNED
    BANNED

Dice Credits : 1473

Post by kandeeh 21st February 2012, 6:28 pm

Ive also heard of a variation of this glitch with a tea cup or something.. ill have to look it up. But one way i see people doing this is by saying come in red portal there are people dming with masks! Or something along those lines. I was thinking that if any one decided to do this as a group that would be a good idea, because then the two people fake fighting could be waiting with barrages as well.
    Arun XD
    Arun XD
    Lieutenant Host
    Lieutenant Host

Dice Credits : 321

Post by Arun XD 21st February 2012, 8:12 pm

Nice guide, but I really dont like luring people that much, makes me feel sad for them. Anyways who gives a shit. Contact if you need some help in luring. I am pretty good in convincing people. Very Happy
    Saif
    Saif

Post by Saif 23rd February 2012, 6:55 am

This does work but with different variations to it.

Contact me in Dyce Genesis FC or IRC to find out more.
    lurre321
    lurre321
    Corporal Host

Corporal Host

Dice Credits : 91

Post by lurre321 13th April 2012, 3:01 pm

I know another lure that is very good. When in the red zone you can have the keep item prayer on, so if you are two people you can walk into the pvp area with a santa hat and that prayer on (auto relate off). Then when a person attacks you the other person will storm him with a snare spell or freeze and proceed to kill him quickly. If you die with the santa, it won't matter because you keep it due to the prayer!
    Extreem dyce
    Extreem dyce

Dice Credits : 204

Post by Extreem dyce 13th April 2012, 3:05 pm

cool lure but im f2p so....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:36 pm