Dyce Genesis

Welcome to Dyce Genesis! Please register yourself in this forums! Do not use your Runescape password!

Have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dyce Genesis

Welcome to Dyce Genesis! Please register yourself in this forums! Do not use your Runescape password!

Have a nice day!

Dyce Genesis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
F2P: W1 GE Entrance! Join our IRC to start dicing! Daily 10M Dp! Monthly Rare Giveaway going on!
Congratulations to Saadi for been our new Technical Adminstrator! He is our newest Staff of Dyce Genesis! Congratulations to Griffinsclaw! He's been promoted to a Sergeant from Corporal for hardwork! Grats! Stajo is our newest Smiley rank! He can take up to 2.5m bet [5m pot]!

+3
Jackdekilla
boyrdy
Ozzboz
7 posters

How to flip like a pro :)

Ozzboz
    Ozzboz
    Sergeant Host--
    Sergeant Host--

Dice Credits : 404

How to flip like a pro :) Empty How to flip like a pro :)

Post by Ozzboz 15th January 2012, 9:31 am

Ok, before you start flipping, and make millions in one flip, your going to need some starting cash. I would reccommend atleast 1m but prefer 5m as at 1m other methods are faster. Ok, so flipping is basically buying an item at a low price and selling it for a higher price creating a profit margin.

Ok now down to the actual flipping:

Step1. Buy 1 of your chosen item at about 15% above the market price(don't worry it buys for less) and record the price it actually sells for. This is your high price!

Spoiler:

Step2. Sell the item back for around 15% under the market price and record the price it sells for. This is your low price!

Spoiler:

Step3. Buy however many you can of the item(be wary of ge trade limits) at 1 gp more than your low price.

Spoiler:

Step4. When they have all bought, sell them for 1gp below your high price.

Spoiler:

Step5. Review your profit! This si the best bit, here you see how much money you amde from so little effort. During this tutorial I made 100k.
    Spoiler:

Please note for items under 500gp dont take 1gp off or add 1gp as they wotn get good margins.

Hope this helps! Heres a link to a flipping spreadsheet I made!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjR5KhbJEjtMdE5pX1NacUlvazJZMENNaUgzSVZmZGc

boyrdy
    boyrdy
    Captain Host

Captain Host

Dice Credits : 1415

How to flip like a pro :) Empty Re: How to flip like a pro :)

Post by boyrdy 20th January 2012, 1:01 am

Thanks for giving us a nice example. I personally like flip merchanting because I feel like there is barely any risk involved
    Jackdekilla
    Jackdekilla
    Corporal Host

Corporal Host

Dice Credits : 164

Post by Jackdekilla 20th January 2012, 2:28 pm

Yeah this was a reaallly good guide man!
    Dont you add 1gp to the buy price to screw over other flippers and make sure that you buy faster?
    Ozzboz
    Ozzboz
    Sergeant Host--
    Sergeant Host--

Dice Credits : 404

Post by Ozzboz 20th January 2012, 4:08 pm

Jackdekilla wrote:Yeah this was a reaallly good guide man!
    Dont you add 1gp to the buy price to screw over other flippers and make sure that you buy faster?

Yeah, also a good tip when buying anything at market price is to add 1gp to skip the queue infront of every otherplayer with an offer for that item.
    X3S
    X3S
    Sergeant Host

Sergeant Host

Dice Credits : 178

Post by X3S 24th January 2012, 6:39 am

Thanks Ozz When I get some money I will certainly try this out!!
    Noodlebrainz
    Noodlebrainz

Dice Credits : 110

Post by Noodlebrainz 23rd April 2012, 3:15 pm

Nice short and concise guide on flipping Ozzboz. I was reading other guides on flipping when I did not know what it was at the time, and believe me, it took me a while to get it LOL! However yours is spot on, so well done! Smile
    Jackdekilla
    Jackdekilla
    Corporal Host

Corporal Host

Dice Credits : 164

Post by Jackdekilla 23rd April 2012, 3:30 pm

Noodlebrainz wrote:Nice short and concise guide on flipping Ozzboz. I was reading other guides on flipping when I did not know what it was at the time, and believe me, it took me a while to get it LOL! However yours is spot on, so well done! Smile

Hey I have a question for you, ad you are merchant how good are you at reading graphs and predicting items to invest in?
    Noodlebrainz
    Noodlebrainz

Dice Credits : 110

Post by Noodlebrainz 23rd April 2012, 3:50 pm

Hey Griffin! I have just recently got back into the game of merchanting. I am definitely not the richest player nor the best merchant in this clan. However, to answer your question, I would pick an item that I have some background knowledge in, look at current price trends, and from there I will proceed whether I should invest. By "reading graphs" you mean explain why an item has risen or dropped from yesterday to today, or another time frame. Fundamentally, a rise means an increase in demand and a drop means a decrease in demand. If you want to "read" graphs accurately with specific answers, then a good background knowledge is required, as well as asking current players, browsing forums or looking at related items. "Predicting items" is more difficult. You can't ask the Runescape genie to change the item's price in your favour. The best thing to do is to know as much as you can about the item and know how the price trends have been for that item historically. Merchanting does have risks, just like gambling. So i guess this clan embraces merchanting. As a clan member, I wish you "good luck". Smile
    Guthix-shehab

Dice Credits : 103

Post by Guthix-shehab 23rd April 2012, 4:27 pm

Good way for flipping Very Happy
    Lord_Diddy
    Lord_Diddy
    Private Host
    Private Host

Dice Credits : 148

Post by Lord_Diddy 23rd April 2012, 10:51 pm

I've tried flipping I just can't do it, never find a good item with enough profit. Too make it worthwhile. And I'm an impatient person when it comes to buy/selling items. But good tips!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 5:08 pm