Dyce Genesis

Welcome to Dyce Genesis! Please register yourself in this forums! Do not use your Runescape password!

Have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dyce Genesis

Welcome to Dyce Genesis! Please register yourself in this forums! Do not use your Runescape password!

Have a nice day!

Dyce Genesis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
F2P: W1 GE Entrance! Join our IRC to start dicing! Daily 10M Dp! Monthly Rare Giveaway going on!
Congratulations to Saadi for been our new Technical Adminstrator! He is our newest Staff of Dyce Genesis! Congratulations to Griffinsclaw! He's been promoted to a Sergeant from Corporal for hardwork! Grats! Stajo is our newest Smiley rank! He can take up to 2.5m bet [5m pot]!

The problems with free to play.

Noodlebrainz
    Noodlebrainz

Dice Credits : 110

The problems with free to play. Empty The problems with free to play.

Post by Noodlebrainz 13th May 2012, 3:48 pm

Introduction

Hello guys, Noodlebrainz is writing yet another topic, this time on the limitations of free to play status in Runescape. I would like to say that my progress in this clan is rather slow, not because of the clan itself, but because of my near 100% permanent free to play status on Noodlebrainz, my "main" account. It is because of my inability to accumulate a vast wealth in a short armount of time that has effectively labelled me as "just another member of the public". Yes, I admit that my stats (and wealth) are not so great, but I believed I have worked EXTREMELY HARD to get to where I am today. I attempt to contribute to this clan by writing guides based on my experience and the articles that I read. Here I will discuss some general problems with free player status, as well as the impacts of free to play status on my progress in Dyce Genesis in greater depth.

I thank everyone for taking the time to read this, as well as understanding one of my key struggles as a Dyce Genesis member.

Last edited by Noodlebrainz on 13th May 2012, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Noodlebrainz
    Noodlebrainz

The problems with free to play. Empty Re: The problems with free to play.

Post by Noodlebrainz 13th May 2012, 3:49 pm

General problems with free to play status

-Harder to make money

This is almost considered a universal YES, with very few exceptions. The following are ways to make money in f2p:

•Looting (i.e. Picking up gold. Picking up armour, weapons and other stufff and then selling them for gold)
    •High/Low level Alchemy (can be done on almost anything)
    •Begging (not encouraged but is a possible way)
    •Scamming*

*I understand that Dyce Genesis has a zero tolerance on scamming, and before you flame at me with negative comments and votes, I would like to justify that I am a STRONG advocator AGAINST scamming. Although scamming is hurtful, this is the sad reality of Runescape, and for that it must be on this list as a possible money-making method NOT because I am promoting it, but to let readers be aware that I am fairly confident that people are more likely to scam in f2p worlds than in p2p worlds because of the financial disadvantages in free worlds. Yes, it sounds like the real world. However, it is important to note that both realities (RS and IRL) are not just "black and white", but also "shades of grey".

Last edited by Noodlebrainz on 13th May 2012, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Noodlebrainz
    Noodlebrainz

Post by Noodlebrainz 13th May 2012, 3:50 pm

Conclusion

Reserved

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 10:36 am